Bureau IT Specialist
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa
Praha – Strašnice
The mission Of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is to promote democratic values by providing accurate, uncensored news and open debate in countries where a free press is threatened and disinformation is pervasive. RFE/RL reports the facts, undaunted by pressure.
RFE/RL is looking for a Bureau IT Specialist who will provide, under the supervision of the Bureau IT Manager, effective and efficient IT support, and services to staff in RFE/RL bureaus and remote locations through understanding their current and future needs and supporting to achieve them through coordinating and executing various IT activities in the bureaus.
- Contributes to ensuring that the bureaus are effectively equipped and run to meet the current and future IT operational needs of RFE/RL.
- Assists in the performance and supervision of daily IT operations of the bureaus.
- Deals with daily IT support, supervises, and escalates the service tickets.
- If needed, performs user and systems administration support, incl. resolving HW & SW issues.
- Maintains accurate and complete bureau IT asset management database.
- Updates contracts, requests, and processes new quotes for IT equipment in the bureaus.
- Together with the Bureau IT Manager, prepares roadmaps and replacement plans.
- Provides project management support for various IT projects in the bureaus, prepares reports and charts regarding the bureau IT projects, keeps track of projects and requests in the bureaus.
- Assists in developing and ensuring successful implementation and compliance with the standard operating procedures and safety regulations and uses the industry best practices when performing duties and tasks assigned.
- Works closely with the bureaus to promote and implement standard workflows and IT systems.
- Adheres to and complies with all technology standards, policies, and regulations as outlined by Operations Division in Prague.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining a positive work environment.
- Performs other related duties, incl. supporting any other technology used in the bureaus (VPN, NAS, TeamViewer, etc.), as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in IT, or relevant professional experience.
- PRINCE2, ITIL or COBIT certification is an advantage.
- Prior experience with providing IT support (HW, SW, ticketing systems).
- Particularly good the end-user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Previous experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS is plus.
- Experience with ERP systems like Peoplesoft is plus.
- Project Management experience - desirable but not required.
- Organizational skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn modern technologies.
- Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way.
- Ability to quickly anticipate, trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to bureaus in RFE/RLs broadcast region.
- Russian (Desirable but not required)
This is a locally recruited full-time position on a one-year assignment initially, with the possibility of extension for an open-ended contract after one year. The opportunity is open preferably to applicants with the legal right to work in the Czech Republic, who are expected to work in RFE/RL Prague’s office in a hybrid working model of a blend of in-office and remote work in the Czech Republic.
BenefityContribution holiday, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Kdo hledá:
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc. (Zaměstnavatel)
- Místo pracoviště:
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Typ úvazku:
- Práce na plný úvazek
- Délka úvazku:
- Na dobu určitou
- Pracovní vztah:
- Pracovní smlouva
- Doporučené vzdělání:
- Doporučené jazyky:
- Angličtina (Pokročilá), Čeština (Pokročilá)