Digital Product Manager
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa
Praha – Strašnice
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic and Washington, D.C., with 21 bureaus throughout Russia, Central Asia, Afghanistan, and Central and Eastern Europe. Reporting in 27 languages across 23 countries, RFE/RL is one of the most comprehensive news operations in the world, providing responsibly reported, fact-based news in countries where media freedoms are under threat or banned outright. From Iran and Pakistan to Hungary, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan, RFE/RL journalists give audiences what they can't always get from their own local media: uncensored information and open debate. Reporting via digital, TV, and radio platforms, RFE/RL has a measured weekly reach of 38.1 million people. A private nonprofit, RFE/RL is funded by the U.S. Congress through the U.S. Agency for Global Media. RFE/RL's editorial independence is protected by U.S. law.
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is hiring a Digital Product Manager to join our News Products department to develop, implement and assess plans, processes and strategies to meet audiences needs and improve engagement and usability on RFE/RL’s owned distribution platforms increasing the language services’ long-term impact in target markets.
Working in a non-profit organization and helping our stories to reach audiences more efficiently, you will contribute to RFE/RL’s mission – spreading unbiased news where independent media are banned by the government or not yet established.
We are looking for experience in digital journalism and product management, strong user empathy and audience-centric mindset.
What does the role entail?
Among other responsibilities you will:
- Propose, prototype, launch, adapt and assess processes for developing news products, integrating distribution and promotion strategies while improving production workflows.
- Advise on the use of tools and tactics – informed by data, industry best practices and ruled by editorial priorities – to increase the number of users, their level of engagement, and their propensity to return to RFE/RL as their reliable source of news.
- Lead and guide cross-functional project teams to align editorial, technical, analytical, and marketing operations for digital news products.
- Develop and optimize data-driven digital strategies to build strong relationships with audiences in target markets.
- Assist and mentor journalists to help advance language services’ impact on all digital platforms, esp. social media (incl. advertising and branding efforts).
- Monitor the news media industry for innovative approaches to products, platforms and processes.
- Review and give feedback on products and processes, collaborate on planning and executing training on changes in the digital media landscape, tools and best practices.
The successful candidate is expected to have:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience in digital journalism and 3+ years of product management experience, incl. roadmaps, testing and User feedback and acting in consensus-facilitating role
- Familiarity with best practices, rules, and industry standards in agile product management, iterative development processes and design thinking.
- Proven ability to launch and develop news products, strong knowledge of digital news production and distribution
- Strong knowledge of editorial SEO and how to use data to make informed publishing decisions
- History of mentoring and training of journalists
- Availability to travel
- University education in journalism or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred
- Proficiency in English (other relevant target region languages preferred)
What we offer:
- A highly diverse international work environment (60+ nationalities)
- An organization not driven by profit but by a very important mission: Freedom of the press
- Exceptional benefits package (Multisport card, 13 sick days, 5 weeks’ vacation, public transport contribution, supplementary pension insurance, life insurance, in-house language courses, professional training, meal allowance)
- Modern work environment with convenient access to various public transit options near Želivského metro station
- Hybrid work environment that allows for a mix of remote work and in-office presence
Only CVs with cover letters in English will be accepted.
To learn more about us please refer to our web page: https://pressroom.rferl.org/about-us
BenefityContribution holiday, Above-standard medical care, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home
- Kdo hledá:
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - Rádio Svobodná Evropa, Inc. (Zaměstnavatel)
- Místo pracoviště:
- Vinohradská 3333/159a, Praha – Strašnice
- Typ úvazku:
- Práce na plný úvazek
- Pracovní vztah:
- Pracovní smlouva
- Doporučené vzdělání:
- Vysokoškolské / univerzitní
- Doporučené jazyky:
- Angličtina (Výborná)