Database Performance Expert
Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
Praha – Michle
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions. Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
As Database expert and System Performance Engineer, you will be part of the Technical Governance Team within the Biometrics Software and Solutions Engineering Product Line. This product line is part of the Identity & Biometrics Solution Business Line (IBS BL) of Thales' Global Business Unit (GBU) Digital Identity & Security (DIS).
Your mission is to contribute to the design (software and system) of the data model and database schema of software products, the selection of the proper database technology (SQL vs. NoSQL) according to the data type and data management of each of these products. As System performance engineer with this database expertise, your mission will be to contribute to the identification and correction of the global system
performance of solutions (e.g. response time, stability, scalability, high availability).
- Analyze and recommend which data technology is the most relevant depending on the data type (relational DB using SQL, non-relational DB using NoSQL concept, distributed data stores)
- Develop data migration tools (e.g. scripts) in order to help automatic product upgrades with large amounts of data
- Define the performance testing strategy: define the test environment, identify the performance acceptance criteria and metrics, define and defend the performance testing plan
- Implement and execute test scenarios (stress tests, load tests, endurance tests, spike tests, volume tests)
- Analyze results, identify and defend improvements with the help of the technical governance team, and show improvement with new test execution
- Provide guidance and expertise during architecture definition (i.e. security audit, architecture design, pre-sales)
- Train technical teams on system design architecture regarding scalability, high availability, system architecture, OS and network tuning, DB schema
- Experience with system design, integration, deployment or operation of large distributed systems
- Experience in SQL database repository model as designer or administrator (such as Oracle SQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL)
- Experience in NoSQL database repository model as designer or administrator (such as MongoDB or Cassandra)
- Strong Experience data migration between same technology or cross technology.
- Experience in big data technology (MapReduce, Datadog, Splunk, ELK, In Memory Data Grid)
- Good experience in large and complex distributed system with high availability and high scalability (using application server, message-broker service, load-balancing, database, NAS, big data)
- Experience in cloud-based technology (IaaS, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, monitoring system, authentication system, source code and artifact management)
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Linux mainly and Windows) and proficient in scripting programming language (Shell, Ansible, Python,Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
What we can offer:
Friendly international environment, professional grow within Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities at Thales !
BenefityCell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Kdo hledá:
- Thales DIS (Zaměstnavatel)
- Místo pracoviště:
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Typ úvazku:
- Full-time work
- Délka úvazku:
- Pracovní vztah:
- Employment contract
- Doporučené vzdělání:
- Doporučené jazyky:
- English (Advanced)