Senior Java Developer / Backend
Price f(x) s.r.o.
Praha – Karlín
We are a young and unconventional software company created in 2011 by experienced pricing software and pricing consulting professionals. As the first pureplay, native Cloud and SaaS provider in our industry, Pricefx became and intends to stay the leading SaaS Pricing (Price Optimisation & Management) and CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) vendor. We are an agile company that brings good ideas to life quickly and is committed to market-driven innovation. Our flexibility means our customers come from diverse industries and sizes with brands like Michelin, Sonoco, Solenis, Dana, Avery Dennison, Robert Bosch, etc. We are a solid and sustainable company which is and will be strongly growing globally for the years ahead. It’s a great time to join us and grow with us worldwide. You can find out more about us: http://www.pricefx.com
- Your mission will be to design, develop, maintain, test and further enhance the next generation of Pricefx SaaS product.
What should you have to succeed:
- Min. 5 years of experience with development of software in Java
- Experience with Java and Java frameworks and libraries, such as Hibernate, Jackson,
- Solid backend-end architecture and coding skills, and experience in building reusable software components that fit together into scalable production applications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with SQL databases (PGSQL, MariaDB, …)
- Experience with cloud services is an advantage (AWS, Kubernetes, RDS)
- Very good knowledge of English and Czech language
You will be working on things like:
- Contributing to a design and architecture of a Pricefx software
- Design and develop of efficient and secure software
- Using your software craftsmanship: applying software engineering best practices, participating in peer code reviews, contribution to technical architecture, covering code with automated tests,
- Collaborating with other teams like other Engineering teams, UX and Product Management, Performance, Support team and Customer Solutions, Documentation, Customer Success, Sales Team
- Using tools for software development process: Gitlab, JIRA, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Kibana/ElasticSearch
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues in the team
- Fine-tuning of application performance
- And having fun!
- Hradec Králové
Other Job specifics:
- Full-time employment
- Candidate needs to have a valid permission to live and work in the Czech Republic
- Price fx is a global company, with customers and offices in America, Europe and the Asia Pacific. The software development team is located in the Czech Republic
What will you love about us:
- Your opinion matters here. You can build something new together with our cooperative worldwide team. You will be given your space and a chance to bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment.
- We will allow you to bring your own working equipment by providing an option of a monthly allowance instead of pre-selected working tools (notebook, cell phone).
- Our offices are exceptional in the look and the atmosphere - but you can also take quite some home office.
- Bring your ideas to life while working within a flexible environment. We value collaboration, teamwork, and inspiration.
- Once a year, Pricefx-ers from around the globe gather in another Country to celebrate. We work (and play) hard throughout the year. So, our All Hands is the perfect time to meet face to face with disjointed voices you've had many meetings with over the phone, plan for the year ahead, but most importantly get to know each other better in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
- We now offer an additional day off during your birthday month and on your anniversary month at years 3, 5, 8, 10. In your anniversary years, we also provide a special token of our Pricefx appreciation.
BenefityBonuses, Contribution holiday, Cell phone, Notebook, Contributions to the pension / life insurance, Flexible start/end of working hours, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Cafeteria, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Education allowance, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events, Work mostly from home, Individual schedules of working hours, Opportunity to work up hours, More than 5 weeks of vacation, A longer unpaid leave, Foreign business trips, Self-organization of the job, Dog-friendly office, The possibility of study leave, International conferences, Individual budget for personal growth, Dedicated time for innovations, Launch of a completely new project
- Kdo hledá:
- Pricefx s.r.o. (Zaměstnavatel)
- Místo pracoviště:
- Thámova 681/32, Praha – Karlín
- Typ úvazku:
- Full-time work
- Délka úvazku:
- Pracovní vztah:
- Employment contract
- Doporučené vzdělání:
- Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
- Doporučené jazyky:
- English (Advanced), Czech (Basic)