Operation and Support Engineer L2
Thales DIS Czech Republic s.r.o.
Praha – Michle
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents, and cultures, our architect's design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. In Prague, we specialize in developing smart cards, credit cards, SIM cards, ID Cards or Driving licenses. We also invest heavily in the research of E-government solutions and mobile solutions. Thales is a great place to work. We have friendly management, which follows matrix organization; we have flexible working hours, home office policy, office breakfasts, where everybody shares the latest news, football team, yoga classes, language courses and much more to help you live and work in a fun encouraging environment!
As an Operations and Support Engineer – Level 2 for the Thales company Global Services team, you will be involved in tier II technical support for incidents, problems and change management of hosted and managed solutions.
A week in the life of an Operations and Support Engineer L2:
- You will provide technical support of Cloud, On-Premises, and Hybrid services.
- You will design and implement changes into the systems.
- You will maintain and enhance internal tools to improve service industrialization for Cloud and On-Premises services.
- You will provide technical guidance for new or evolution of services and for consolidated technical analyses.
- You will lead the optimization of service reliability, performance and security.
- Provide technical direction when CAB requires tier II input, expertise or changes with high risk impacts on customer SLAs.
- You will be responsible for product and technical knowledge ramp-up of the Tier II Support team.
- You will participate in the definition of production requirements.
- You will extend and acknowledge completion of handover milestones to Tiers I and II to comply with contractual SLAs.
- You will manage performance. Track and report critical supply and demand metrics. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
- You will participate within the integrated team concept for product & process improvement
- You will participate at the preparation and review of technical product & customer specific documentation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have experience with Linux or Unix applications; Unix or Shell scripting; SQL or Oracle database queries, writing and execution and knowledge of WebLogic administration, ticketing tools, monitoring tools such as OP5, ELK, Grafana or prometheus
- You must have also an experience in managing production systems in Cloud or/and Hybrid-Cloud, knowledge of debugging methods and tools.
- You need to have knowledge of Cloud technologies: ie. Ansible, Dockers, Kubernetes. AWS, Google Cloud are very appreciated.
- You need to have experience in customer facing role and communication with internal & external stakeholders
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a strong verbal and written communicator, analytical, a problem-solver and team player.
- You must have a Degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in IT support and at least 5 years in operations.
What we can offer:
Friendly international environment, professional grow within Thales worldwide within friendly team always ready to support and provide assistance.
Opportunity to travel in Europe and worldwide, work on international project with good financial evaluation (negotiable, depending on experience)
Attractive benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, lunch vouchers, quarterly Prague city transport ticket, life and injury insurance, pension plan allowance, Multisport card, language courses at work, Healthcare service through membership in Private clinics, Christmas gift (2.000 CZK), 50% discount in local sport center, every week company breakfast etc.)
Send us your CV and we will be happy to have a chat with you about opportunities whiting Thales !
BenefityCell phone, Flexible start/end of working hours, Transport allowance, Meal tickets / catering allowance, Holidays 5 weeks, Educational courses, training, Company catering, Refreshments on workplace, Contribution to sport / culture / leisure, Sick days, Occasional work from home, Corporate events
- Kdo hledá:
- Gemalto a Thales Company (Zaměstnavatel)
- Místo pracoviště:
- Želetavská 1448/7, Praha – Michle
- Typ úvazku:
- Full-time work
- Délka úvazku:
- Pracovní vztah:
- Employment contract
- Doporučené vzdělání:
- Doporučené jazyky:
- English (Advanced)